Competitor Profile: Circle
- Pages: 16
- Published: August 2019
- Report Code: VR1181MR
Circle is a payment solution provider that offers a P2P payment solution, as well as facilitating trading and investment in cryptocurrencies. The P2P solution is offered through its Circle Pay brand, while cryptocurrency-related services are offered through three brands: Circle Invest, Circle Trade, and Poloniex.
Launched in 2013, Circle Pay allows users to transfer money in currencies including US dollars, pound sterling, and euros. To transfer funds, both sender and recipient need to download the Circle Pay app (available on Android and iOS phones) and create an account. Funds can be loaded to the account via debit card or bank account. Users can then send money by selecting the recipient's mobile phone number from their contact list. The service is now supported in 29 countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
Circle Invest enables users to invest in cryptocurrency including Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, and Ethereum through its platform. In addition, users can also trade cryptocurrency on its over-the-counter trading platform Circle Trade and its digital currency exchange Poloniex.
Circle has raised around $250m in funding since its inception from investors including Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital Partners, Breyer Capital, Accel Partners, General Catalyst Partners, Baidu, CICC Alpha, and CreditEase.
The report provides information and insights into Circle including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– In October 2013, Circle was launched in the US.
– In September 2016, Circle introduced its iMessage money transfer service, allowing users to transfer money in US dollars, euros, and pound sterling via Apple’s iMessage texting service.
– In March 2018, launched digital investment app Circle Invest in the US.
– In March 2018, acquired US-based equity crowdfunding platform SeedInvest.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into Circle's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
IDG Capital Partners
General Catalyst Partners
Table of Contents
Table of contents
Products & Services