Competitor Profile: Skrill
- Pages: 18
- Published: May 2019
- Report Code: VR1172MR
Skrill is a global payments solution provider headquartered in London. It allows users to store payment details in the Skrill Digital Wallet, which they can use to make payments for online purchases. Consumers can also make payments with their Skrill account balance and register debit and credit cards, bank accounts, and other payment options such as paysafecard within the wallet for future payments.
Skrill also offers faster checkout via Skrill 1-Tap (using saved payment instruments) and the user’s Skrill account balance. Users can make payments with a single click without logging into their Skrill account.
Skrill allows merchants to accept payments via more than 100 local payment methods. It is supported by all major card schemes, as well as 170 banks globally. The company also offers peer-to-peer (P2P) payments, allowing users to send money both locally and to 200 markets globally. The funds are credited to the recipient’s Skrill account balance. In February 2018, Skrill introduced Skrill Send Direct, a new money transfer service enabling Skrill users to send money directly to recipients’ bank accounts and mobile wallets in 34 countries.
In collaboration with Mastercard, Skrill offers prepaid cards that can be used for cash withdrawals at 2.1 million ATMs and for online and in-store payments at more than 35 million locations globally. In July 2018, Skrill introduced a new feature allowing its users to buy and sell cryptocurrencies including bitcoin, bitcoin cash, thorium, and litecoin using over 40 fiat currencies available in their Skrill wallet.
The report provides information and insights into alternative payment solution Skrill including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance, including its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones.
– In June 2001, Skrill was founded as Moneybookers in London.
– Skrill 1-Tap enables customers to make payments with a single click without logging into their Skrill account.
– In February 2018, Skrill introduced a new service called Skrill Send Direct, enabling users to transfer funds to recipients' bank accounts and mobile wallets globally.
– In July 2018, Skrill launched a new service that enables its wallet holders to sell and buy cryptocurrency including bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ethereum, and litecoin through its platform.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into Skrill's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio and revenue model.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products & Services