Living Room Textiles 2017
- Pages: 70
- Published: May 2017
- Report Code: VR0049HR
"Living Room Textiles 2017", report offers comprehensive insight and analysis of the UK market, the major players, the main trends, and consumer attitudes. It also provides forecasts to 2022.
Sales growth will slow to 0.3% in 2017, as price inflation reduces consumer appetite to spend. Growth in the market will recover from 2019, with measured growth forecast through to 2022.
Volumes will increase steadily from 2020, as inflation begins to ease, and consumer confidence improves.
Cushions and cushion covers will be the best performing category over the next five years as homeowners look for an inexpensive and easy way to change the look of a room.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– The key issues
– Market, retailer and consumer headlines
– Market sizes and predictions for growth
– In-depth profiles of the key retailers
– Where people shop
– Why people shop
– Average spend at a product category level
– Channel usage research and payment.
– More than half (64.7%) of consumers stated that they conducted some form of research for living room textiles before making a purchase, and 47.3% of those shoppers visited a store for research.
– This shows the important role stores still play in the customer decision journey for purchasing living room textiles.
– Online penetration within living room textiles is expected to increase by 1.5ppts in the next five years. As consumers become more comfortable buying homewares online through trusted retailers, and as the choice of products broadens, penetration is expected to continue to increase to 2022.
– Own label ranges are becoming an important tool to defend positioning. They are likely to become a key battleground, as retailers look to retain price rivalry and entice consumers with accessible versions of higher end brands.
Reasons to buy
– Utilise our five-year market size and growth forecasts to 2022 for the total market, individual sub-categories, online penetration and channels of distribution to enable targeted investment in high performing areas.
– Identify the major retailers in the living room textiles market, market shares 2013-2017 and future performance prospects.
– Utilise our in-depth analysis of how and why each retailer is performing as it is in the market to allow for benchmarking and provide a strategic advantage.
– Recognise which consumers to target and how to drive spend from them by utilising our shopper penetration data and understanding what influences their retailer selection and spending motivations.
– Understand how the online channel will impact upon living room textiles by using our online penetration and expenditure forecasts and analysis on channels and online fulfilment.
Marks & Spencer
Table of Contents
Table of Contents