The Vietnam telecommunication market size was valued at $6.3 billion in 2021. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of less than 1% during the forecast period.
The Vietnam telecommunication market report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Vietnam today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2026. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Vietnam telecommunication market overview
For more insights on this report, download a free sample
What are the key telecom services in the telecommunication market in Vietnam?
Mobile services, fixed-broadband services, and pay-TV services are the different types of telecom services in the telecommunication market in Vietnam.
Mobile services market in Vietnam
Mobile subscription penetration of the population in Vietnam will grow significantly by the end of 2026. This growth will be driven by first-time mobile adoption and increasing multi-SIM ownership in the country. Handset subscriptions accounted for a significant share of total mobile subscriptions in Vietnam in 2021. It is expected that handset subscription’s share will increase over the forecast period. Featurephones accounted for the majority of subscriptions in 2021. The segment is expected to increase during the forecast period.
Fixed services market in Vietnam
Fixed broadband penetration of population will increase by end-2026, driven by the ongoing expansion of fixed broadband network coverage across the country.
Fixed voice lines will increase during the forecast period, supported by subscription gains in packet switched voice (VoIP). Fixed broadband lines will also grow from an estimated by end-2026, driven by growing demand for high-speed fiber broadband services in the country and ongoing efforts by the government to expand broadband coverage.
Pay-TV services market in Vietnam
Pay-TV household penetration will drop by end-2026, partly affected by a steady decline in DTH subscriptions and emerging competition from OTT. Cable TV will remain the leading pay-TV service platform through 2026.
Vietnam telecommunication market, by telecom services
For more telecommunication service insights, download a free sample
Which are the key companies in the telecommunication market in Vietnam?
Some of the key companies in the telecommunication market in Vietnam are Viettel, VNPT (Vinaphone), Mobifone, and Vietnamobile.
Market report scope
|Market size 2021||$6.3 billion|
|Telecom services||Mobile Services, Fixed Services, and Pay-TV Services|
|Major companies||Viettel, VNPT (Vinaphone), Mobifone, and Vietnamobile|
The country intelligence report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
- Demographic and macroeconomic context in Vietnam.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
- Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
- Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
- Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
Reasons to Buy
- This country intelligence report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Vietnam’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Accompanying GlobalData’s forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Vietnam’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
- With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
- The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Vietnam’s telecommunications markets.
- The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Vietnam.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
The telecommunication market size in Vietnam was valued at $6.3 billion in 2021.
The telecommunication market in Vietnam is expected to grow at a CAGR of less than 1% during the forecast period.
Mobile services, fixed services, and pay-TV services are the key telecommunication services in the Vietnam telecommunication market.
Viettel, VNPT (Vinaphone), Mobifone, and Vietnamobile are the major companies in the Vietnam telecommunication market.