United Kingdom (UK) Defense Market – Attractiveness, Competitive Landscape and Forecasts to 2026 report provides the market size forecast and the projected growth rate for the next five years. The report covers industry analysis including the key market drivers, emerging technology trends, and major challenges faced by market participants. It also offers insights regarding key factors and government programs that are expected to influence the demand for military platforms over the forecast period.
UK's defense budget grew over the historic period, increasing from $47.1 billion in 2017 to $60.4 billion in 2021, reflecting a CAGR of 6.39% over the analysis period. Over the forecast period, UK defense expenditure is expected to grow thanks to the current governments policy of using defense spending as an economic stimulant by investing in the domestic industry. As such the defense budget is anticipated to increase from $62.8 billion in 2022 to $68.8 billion in 2026, reflecting a CAGR of 2.27% over the forecast period.
This report offers detailed analysis of UK defense market with market size forecasts covering the next five years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for the industry, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
– Defense spending is used to stimulate the economy through investment in domestic industry and through the development of defense clusters.
– Investment is focused around new and innovative technologies
– Membership of NATO, and the threat of Russia, still dominate British defense policies. However, a gradual shift in focus to the Indo-pacific region is beginning
– There has been criticism of the MoD for continuing to fund failing and delayed projects such as Ajax.
Who Should Buy
– Defence Startups, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Defence Planners, Aerospace and Defence Integrators, Venture Capital Firms, Government Agencies, Head of Marketing, Head of Sales, CEOs and Senior Executives.
– The concerned stakeholders can utilize the report to identify high growth segments and customize their offerings to match the project requirements.
– The Venture Capital Firms can utilize the project details, growth rate, and market size to identify and fund high potential startups.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– UK defense budget: detailed analysis of the UK's FY2021 defense budget broken down into market size and market share. This is coupled with an examination of key current and future acquisitions.
– Regulation: the procurement policy and process is explained. This is coupled with an analysis of the UK's military doctrine and strategy to provide a comprehensive overview of UK military regulation.
– Security Environment: political alliances and perceived security threats to the UK are examined; there help to explain trends in spending and modernisation.
– Import and Export Dynamics: analysis of prevalent trends in the country’s imports and exports over the last five years
– Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the UK's defense industry.
Reasons to Buy
– Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the UK defense market over the next five years
– Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different defense and internal security segments in the UK market and identify the opportunities offered.
– Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, market trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
– Identify the major threats that are driving the UK defense market providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
– Channel resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the UK government
– Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top defense equipment providers in the country. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available
BAE Systems Plc
The Boeing Co
Lockheed Martin Co
Babcokc International plc
General Dynamics European Land Systems
Spirit AeroSystems Belfast
Oshkosh Defense LLC
L3 Harris Corporation
Teledyne Brown Engineering Inc
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Defense Budget Assessment
Defense Market Size Historical And Forecast
Drivers Of Defense Expenditure
Analysis Of Defense Budget Allocation
Key Market Trends and Insights
Military Doctrine And Security Environment
Military Doctrine And Strategy
Primary Threat Perception
Political And Strategic Alliances
Market Entry Strategy And Regulations
Defense Procurement Bodies
Trade Associations and Defence Clusters
Types of Contracts and Opportunities
Types of Procurement Procedure
Top 500 UK Tenders – November 2021
Procurement Policy and Market Regulations
Market Entry Routes
Major Deals and M&A
Market Attractiveness And Emerging Opportunities
Market Attractiveness, 2020-25
Top Defense Segments By Value
Import And Export Market Dynamics
Import Market Dynamics
Export Market Dynamics
Defense Platform Acquisitions
New Medium Helicopter
Mobile Fires Platform Program
Tempest sixth-generation fighter
Multi-role Support Ship (MRSS)
Fleet Solid Support Ship (FSS)
Defense Companies Operating In the UK
Main Defense Companies
About This Report