Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes (Wound Care Management) – Global Market Analysis and Forecast Model (COVID-19 Market Impact) is built to visualize quantitative market trends within wound care management therapeutic area.
The model discusses in detail the impact of COVID-19 on tissue engineered – skin substitutes market for the year 2020 and beyond. The use of skin substitutes provides an alternative therapy to heal chronic wounds showing superior efficacy and, in some cases, similar cost-effectiveness compared to traditional treatments. The main objective is to make use of functional construct that can ultimately restore, maintain and improve damaged tissues and organs through improving the recovery process and chances of survival.
Tissue-engineered skin substitutes represent an efficient way of meeting the deficiency in donor-skin-graft supplies. They are able to protect damaged regions from fluid loss and contamination and promote release of cytokines and growth factors at the wound site, accelerating the wound-healing processes. They also act as a temporary protective cover of the wound bed during healing.
Epidermal wounds which show delayed healing process can lead to several risks to patient’s health including death. A deeper level risk of these can lead to serious chronic wound formation. Skin substitutes have lead to promising recovery practices for refractory wounds by providing cells, soluble mediators, and extracellular matrix materials needed to stimulate healing. On average, it is observed that the cost spent for chronic wound treatments comes to around $32B in the US annually. 90% of these chronic wounds are a result of diabetes, venous stasis, radiation or paralysis.
Each of the covered 39 country’s color-coded and fully sourced market models are equipped with epidemiology based indications with procedure volumes. To increase the data transparency, the interactive excel deliverable covers installed base, new sales volumes, product usage, average selling prices, market size and company share/rank analysis (wherever available). Moreover, analyst comments with qualitative insight offer context for quantitative data.
Scope of the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market model
Robust methodologies and sources enable the model to provide extensive and accurate overview of the market. Demand and supply-side primary sources are integrated within the syndicated models, including Key Opinion Leaders. In addition, real world data sources are leveraged to determine market trends; these include government procedure databases, hospital purchasing databases, and proprietary online databases.
Currently marketed Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes and evolving competitive landscape:
- Insightful review of the key industry trends.
- Annualized total tissue engineered skin substitutes market revenue by segment and market outlooks from 2015-2030.
- Market level data on units, average selling prices and market values.
Global, Regional and Country level market specific insights includes:
- Qualitative market specific information is available with global trends further broken down into regional trends. In addition, GlobalData analysts provide unique country specific insights on the market.
- SWOT analysis for tissue engineered- skin substitutes market.
- Competitive dynamics insights and trends provided for tissue engineered- skin substitutes market.
Drive the understanding of the market by getting the veritable big picture including an overview of the healthcare system. In addition, the Market Access segment allows you to delve deeper into market dynamics with information on reimbursement policies and the regulatory landscape.
- Country specific overview of the healthcare system.
- Country specific reimbursement policies.
- Country specific medtech regulatory landscape.
What is the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market size during the historical and forecast period?
Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market, by segment
For more insights on this report, download a free report sample
What are the key trends within the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market?
The factors driving the market growth in North America include rising incidence of acute and chronic wound, changes in reimbursement policy, government support in the form of funding for development of advanced wound care products are providing required impetus for growth of the market.
Europe holds the second largest market for wound care, which is followed by Asia-Pacific. Asia-Pacific is the fastest growing region for the wound care market due to the presence of developing economies like India and China within the region which have increasing healthcare expenditures.
South American region is an untapped market with respect to skin substitutes due to lack of awareness and price sensitivity. Africa has the least share in the global wound care market due to the presence of poor economies especially in its region. Middle East market is seen to be expanding due to a well-developed healthcare sector.
Tissue Engineered - Skin Substitutes market report scope
|Market value (Year – 2021)||$2,328.65 million|
|Segmentation by sector||Cellular Skin Substitutes and Acellular Skin Substitutes|
|Key companies||Integra LifeSciences Corp, LifeNet Health Inc, MiMedx Group Inc., Organogenesis Holding Inc., 3M Co, Molnlycke Health Care AB, Smith & Nephew Plc, Allergan Ltd.|
|Regions covered||North America, South & Central America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia-Pacific|
|Countries covered||US, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, United Arab Emirates|
Who are the Tissue Engineered Skin Substitutes market vendors?
The model analyses the competitive landscape of the tissue engineered skin substitutes market and includes information on the following key market vendors:
Integra LifeSciences Corp, LifeNet Health Inc, MiMedx Group Inc., Organogenesis Holding Inc., 3M Co, Molnlycke Health Care AB, Smith & Nephew Plc, Allergan Ltd.
Reasons to Buy
This Market Model gives important, expert insight you won’t find in any other source. The model illustrates qualitative and quantitative trends within the specified market. This model is required reading for:
- CMO executives who must have deep understanding of the tissue engineered – skin substitutes marketplace to make strategic planning and investment decisions.
- Sourcing and procurement executives who must understand crucial components of the supply base in order to make decisions about supplier selection and management.
- Private equity investors that need a deeper understanding of the market to identify and value potential investment targets.
The model will enable you to:
- Understand the impact of COVID-19 on tissue engineered – skin substitutes market.
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies, and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving tissue engineered skin substitutes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the tissue engineered skin substitutes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analysing the company share of market leaders.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counterstrategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in the global and country-specific tissue engineered skin substitutes market from 2015-2030.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
Integra LifeSciences Corp
LifeNet Health Inc
MiMedx Group Inc
Molnlycke Health Care AB
Smith & Nephew Plc
Frequently Asked Questions
The tissue engineered skin substitutes market in 2021 is worth $2,328.65 million.
The tissue engineered skin substitutes market has been segmented by product (Cellular Skin Substitutes, Acellular Skin Substitutes) and by 5 regions (North America, South & Central America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia-Pacific) and 39 countries.
Key players in the tissue engineered skin substitutes market include Integra LifeSciences Corp, LifeNet Health Inc, MiMedx Group Inc., Organogenesis Holding Inc., 3M Co, Molnlycke Health Care AB, and Smith & Nephew Plc, Allergan Ltd.
Acellular skin substitutes have the largest share of the global tissue engineered skin substitutes market.
Allergan Ltd. has the largest market share in the tissue engineered skin substitutes market.