International Wholesale Carriers: Technology and Infrastructure Developments
- Pages: 28
- Published: July 2018
- Report Code: TC0169IR
"International Wholesale Carriers: Technology and Infrastructure Developments", a global outlook research report by GlobalData lays out how wholesale providers are investing in technology and infrastructure to achieve novel digital service platforms. New and emerging technologies, such as SDN, automation, intelligent voice platforms, IP exchange, and AI, give telecommunications services providers new opportunities to bring to market differentiated products. This report explores investments made in three main areas: fixed, mobile, and service platforms, giving details on the services offered, rationale for investments, and vendor partners used.
Global wholesale providers are investing in technology and infrastructure to achieve novel digital service platforms. New and emerging technologies, such as SDN, automation, intelligent voice platforms, IP exchange, and AI, give telecommunications services providers new opportunities to bring to market differentiated products. This report explores investments made in three main areas: fixed, mobile, and service platform, giving details on the services offered, rationale for investments, and vendor partners used.
The report is structured as follows –
– Section 1: Market Context – an overview of the global wholesale investments in three main areas: fixed, mobile, and platform services.
– Section 2,3 and 4: Technology and Infrastructure Developments in Fixed-line, Mobile, and Platform Services. We offer seven case studies illustrating the findings of the report, providing insights into international wholesale services technology and infrastructure investments; designed to help industry executives understand the drivers and benefits of a number of service launches.
– Section 5: Findings and recommendations – we conclude the report with a set of key findings and recommendations for international wholesale providers to help them sensibly invest in new and emerging technologies and infrastructure to pave the way to successful digital business.
– Global wholesale players need to prepare infrastructure for new demands
– Interoperability and reach are key factors for mobile signaling
– Being competitive in a tough competitive landscape for bulk voice depends on both hyper-scale and intelligent routing, with stringent anti-fraud measures
– Technology investments to consider within platforms, APIs, and AI include programmable and open standard modules and solutions from vendors, with in-house developed back office automation and SDN-enabled platforms.
Reasons to buy
– This global outlook report provides an extensive examination of a number of international wholesale service provider investment initiatives in infrastructure and technology. The industry is developing driven by main drivers and trends, and the report highlights these to provide a context for the reason for investments.
– The report objective is to help inform global industry executives' decision-making process on sensible investment rational for network and platform development for bringing to market compelling services in the domains of fixed-line services, mobile offerings, and platform services.
– Seven case studies illustrate the findings of the report, providing insights into international wholesale services technology and infrastructure investments; this will help industry executives understand the drivers and benefits of a number of services launches and monetization examples.
– The report maps the initiatives made by several major global telecommunications service providers. The initiatives highlighted give evidence of strong or leading services available in the market today that have been underpinned by savvy technology and infrastructure investments.
– With nine exhibits, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, to help them understand and determine the adequate investment programs to develop technology and infrastructure.
Vodafone Carrier Services
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 4
Executive summary 6
Section 1: Market Context 7
Technology and Infrastructure Developments in Wholesale Carrier Services 8
Rationale and Purposes of Wholesale Technology Developments 9
Section 2: Technology and Infrastructure Investment – (1) Fixed-line: Voice and Data Connectivity Case Studies 10
Telxius cable systems 11
Colt spectrum 12
ngena SD-WAN 13
Section 3: Technology and Infrastructure Investment – (2) Mobile: Voice, Data, Signalling, and Hubbing Case Studies 14
Vodafone Carrier Services intelligent voice and IPX services 15
Telia Carrier mobile roaming and signalling 16
Section 4: Technology and Infrastructure Investment – (3) Service Platforms: APIs and Data Analytics/AI Case Studies 17
Epsilon Infiny platform 18
BICS customer portal and data analytics tool 19
Section 5: Key findings and recommendations 20
Acronyms and definitions 23
Companies mentioned 25
About the author 26
Related research 27
Contact information 28
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Report Scope – Technology & Infrastructure Developments Across Three Wholesale Service Classes 8
Exhibit 2: Wholesale Player Infrastructure Development Trends And Drivers 9
Exhibit 3: Telxius Cables 11
Exhibit 4: Colt IQ Network 12
Exhibit 5: ngena Alliance Members and Technology Partners 13
Exhibit 6: Vodafone Carrier Services Voice Infrastructure And Tech Development 15
Exhibit 7: Telia Carrier Services Mobile Signalling & Roaming Tech Development 16
Exhibit 8: Epsilon Optical Bandwidth-on-demand Equipment Partner 18
Exhibit 9: BICS Business Intelligence 19