Mobile Financial Services in Latin America: Telco Service Portfolios and Positioning Strategies
- Pages: 27
- Published: July 2018
- Report Code: TC0138IR
"Mobile Financial Services in Latin America: Telco Service Portfolios and Positioning Strategies", is a new Telecom Insider Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of mobile financial services (MFS) in Latin America. It delivers deep qualitative insight into the telco service portfolios and positioning strategies in the region, analyzing key trends on telcos' mobile financial offers, business models to foster their position in the mobile financial space, and case studies.
After more than a decade since the first mobile financial service was launched in Latin America, the number of telco-based MFS offers in the region increased significantly, but most of them have not yet reached the desired scale for telcos to monetize from the MFS opportunity.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Section 1: Mobile Financial Services Market Context; this section provides the taxonomy and categories within the mobile financial services space.
– Section 2: Mobile Financial Services in Latin America; This section provides an overview of the core portfolio of mobile network operators' mobile financial services.It also looks at the recent development and the current state of MFS in Latin America, while also providing a closer look at the differences and similarities of mobile person-to-person payments.
– Section 3: Case studies; this section looks at a total of three difference case studies from Latin America giving insight into mobile network operators' portfolios, strategies, and positioning in mobile financial services.
– Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations; it consists of a summary of key findings and growth opportunities for telcos in the Latin America mobile financial services market.
– MNOs are partnering with financial institutions in order to enhance their m-P2P/B solutions, streamlining the process of transferring and receiving money.
– In Latin America, mobile digital wallets is the most popular type of MFS solution, enabling transactions from connected devices and a variety of providers to offer branded m-wallet services.
– Smartphone penetration of population reached nearly 70% in Latin America at year-end 2017, proving that more people have access to a mobile device than to banking services in the region.
Reasons to buy
– Offers a comprehensive and detailed understanding of mobile financial services (MFS) portfolios and positioning in the Latin America markets.
– The report investigates MFS trends, milestones, and competitive attributes, looking in particular at the various drivers and inhibitors in the Latin America region.
– To study Latin America’s most competitive MNO MFS provisions, in order to inform strategic decision-making.
– The report discusses commercial and technical developments in the wider mobile money market and what these developments might mean for the future.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Table of contents 3
List of exhibits 4
Executive Summary 5
Section 1: Mobile Financial Services Market Context 6
Mobile financial services portfolio 7
Section 2: Mobile Financial Services in Latin America 8
Taking a closer look at M-P2P – service comparison 10
Drivers and inhibitors in Latin America 11
Key milestones 12
Section 3: Case studies 13
Zuum from Vivo 14
Transfer from Telcel 16
Tigo Money from Tigo 18
Section 4: Key Findings and Recommendations 20
Key findings and recommendation 21
Acronyms and definitions 23
Companies mentioned 24
About the authors 25
About GlobalData 26
Contact information 27
List of Figures
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Simplified enterprise cloud computing adoption framework 7
Exhibit 2: MNO mobile financial services 9
Exhibit 3: Pricing of M-P2P services, 2018 10
Exhibit 4: Key factors for MFS development 11
Exhibit 5: Telcos mobile money key milestones 12
Exhibit 6: Zuum mobile money sample marketing 14
Exhibit 7: Zuum MFS service ecosystem 15
Exhibit 8: Zuum money user base , 2017 (million) 15
Exhibit 9: Transfer sample mobile money marketing 16
Exhibit 10: Transfer MFS service ecosystem 17
Exhibit 11: Transfer user base in Mexico (million) 17
Exhibit 12: Tigo Money sample marketing 18
Exhibit 13: Tigo Money MFS service ecosystem 19
Exhibit 14: Tigo Money user base, 2017 (million) 19