Smokeless Tobacco in Sweden, 2020
- Pages: 79
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: SL0122MR
Smokeless Tobacco in Sweden, 2020 is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the smokeless tobacco market in Sweden. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2030.
Sweden has the highest per capita consumption of smokeless tobacco in 2019, whereas consumption of manufactured cigarettes is significantly lower in Sweden than in many other European countries, and the trend has been.
Although there is an EU-wide ban on the sale of moist oral snuff, dating from 1992, Sweden was granted a permanent exemption from this as part of its accession agreement, as Sweden has a long-established tradition of snus consumption. It remains the only EU country in which snus/moist oral snuff can be legally sold.
– The market for smokeless tobacco, essentially snus, is substantial with nicotine pouches currently the main market for activity.
– Swedish Match is the leading manufacturer although it is suffering a decline in share
– Many ex-smokers have taken up the ‘snus’ habit with the result that Sweden is now the world’s second-largest market for this moist snuff product.
Reasons to buy
– Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market. Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
– The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes – prime intelligence for marketers.
– Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Tobacco products market (%), 2009-2019
Tobacco products market (tons), 2009-2019
Market size and structure
Consumption of smokeless tobacco (tons) 2009-2019
Per capita consumption trends (grams per year) 2009-2019
Market segmentation (tons) 2009-2019
Consumption of snus (tons) 2009-2019
Consumption of snus (cans), 2009-2019
Breakdown of the snus market by type (volume), 2009-2019
Consumption of chewing tobacco, 2009-2019
Production and trade
Smokeless tobacco: production volumes (tons), 2005-2015
Smokeless tobacco: import volumes (tons), 2009-2019
Imports of snuff by country of origin (tons), 2019
Smokeless tobacco: imports by country of origin (tons), 2009-2019
Smokeless tobacco: imports by country of origin (Euros), 2009-2019
Smokeless tobacco: exports volume (tons) 2009-2019
Exports by country of destination (%), 2019
Smokeless tobacco: exports by country of destination (tons), 2009-2019
Taxation and retail prices
Excise tax rates (krona per kilogram), 2006-2020
Snus retail prices, main brands, June 2016 and 2017
Snus retail prices, 2020
Manufacturers and brands
Regular snus usership by age and gender, using daily (%), 2007-2016
Occasional snus usership by age and gender, less than daily use (%), 2011-2016
Prevalence of daily snus use by region and gender, average (%), 2013-2016
Total snus usership by gender (%), 2006-2016
Prospects and forecasts
Smokeless tobacco consumption (tons), 2020-2030
Per capita consumption (grams per year), 2020-2030