Smokeless Tobacco in the US, 2017
- Pages: 128
- Published: May 2017
- Report Code: SL0063MR
"Smokeless Tobacco in the US, 2017", is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the country's tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
Smokeless tobacco market development is characterised by a continuing switch from chewing tobacco to moist snuff usage. The use of smokeless tobacco in the US continues to expand despite a number of pressures against the use of the product. Since 2006 overall consumption has been growing.
– In the 1990s ago chewing tobacco was preferred, accounting for 58% of smokeless volumes. In 2016, snuff was estimated to represent 85.5% of smokeless tobacco usage, with volumes having more than doubled, whilst chewing tobacco sales are down to 14.5% of smokeless usage in 2016.
– Smokeless tobacco volume accounts for around 16.8% of overall tobacco products sales in 2016, but due to declines in most other segments, particularly cigarettes, it expanded its share of the tobacco market by 4.7 percentage points in the last 10 years.
– The output of snuff has more than doubled from 1990 to 2015. At the same time, production of chewing tobacco has dropped.
– The US market is led by long term leader UST, now part of Altria, although it only supplies snuff tobacco, with a 47.6% share overall in 2014.
Reasons to buy
– Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
– Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
– The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
– This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes – prime intelligence for marketers.
– Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Market size and structure
Production and trade
Taxation and retail prices
Manufacturers and brands
Prospects and forecasts