Duty Free Retailing in the Americas, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Pages: 81
- Published: June 2018
- Report Code: RT1110SR
The "Duty Free Retailing in the Americas, 2017-2022", report published by GlobalData, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across the Americas.
The American duty free market registered slowing sales during 2015- 2016 due to the economic slowdown and growing security threats. Moreover, geopolitical issues between countries and natural calamities, such as the Zika virus outbreak in Brazil, hampered international tourism. However, sales started improving since the beginning of 2017, supported by the global economic recovery and growing international tourism, and stood at US$6.1 billion in 2017. Duty free sales in the Americas are projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7% during 2017-2022, to reach US$8 billion by 2022.
What else does this report offer?
– Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by categories, including clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, and luggage and leather goods
– Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
– Duty free retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
– Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates in Americas
– Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators and their duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
– The US, the biggest American duty free market, loses share to emerging markets
– Chinese outbound tourism to lead swift growth in Canada
– Personal care is the most preferred category among travelers
– Online websites and mobile commerce driving growth in travel retail
– Duty free sales in the Americas to reach US$8 billion by 2022
– Personal care is the largest product category
– Travel retailers adopt latest technology advancements to enhance the shopping experience.
Reasons to buy
Get immediate access to –
– Reliable duty free retail sales data across the Americas for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
– Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
– Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
– Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Duty Free Americas
Starboard Cruise Services
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Key Retail Innovations