Duty Free Retailing in the Middle East & Africa, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Pages: 67
- Published: June 2018
- Report Code: RT1109SR
The "Duty Free Retailing in the Middle East & Africa, 2017-2022", report published by GlobalData, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across Middle East and Africa.
The Middle East & Africa (MEA) clocked duty free sales of US$3.8 billion in 2017 and sales are forecast to grow at a CAGR of 6% during 2017-2022 to reach US$5.1 by 2022. The UAE is the largest and fastest-growing market in the MEA, with sales of US$2.3 billion in 2017. The market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.1% to reach US$3.1 billion by 2022. Personal care – which includes sales from cosmetics and beauty products – is the largest category group in the region with sales of US$1.1 billion in 2017, accounting for 28.2% of total regional duty free sales as of 2017.
What else does this report offer?
– Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by categories, including clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, and luggage and leather goods
– Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
– Duty free retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
– Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates in Middle East & Africa
– Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators and their duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
– Expansion of airports to drive duty free sales
– Personal care to remain the largest category group
– Increase in number of tourists is a key growth driver
– Dubai’s strategic location and government efforts to drive sales
– The UAE will continue to be the largest duty free market in 2022
– Personal care continues to remain the largest and fastest-growing category
– Saudi Arabia set to register healthy growth over the next five years
– New duty free laws to curb use of products that cause harm to health.
Reasons to buy
Get immediate access to –
– Reliable duty free retail sales data across the Middle East & Africa for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk – Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
– Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
– Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Dubai Duty Free
JR Duty Free
EGYPTAIR Duty free (EADFS)
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Key Retail Innovations