Duty-Free Retailing in Asia-Pacific, 2017-2022: Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Pages: 115
- Published: June 2018
- Report Code: RT1108SR
The "Duty-Free Retailing in Asia-Pacific, 2017-2022", report published by GlobalData, provides analysis of current and forecast market data for duty retail sales across Asia-Pacific.
APAC is the largest duty free market and accounted for more than half of the global duty free sales (53.2%) in 2017. The region achieved duty free sales of US$28.2 billion in 2017 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 8.7% to reach US$42.7 billion by 2022. Increasing affluence, rising tourism, and increasing consumer spending are driving sales of duty free products in the region. China, South Korea, Hong Kong, and India, among others, are projected to register healthy growth over the next five years. The high growth of APAC’s duty free sales can also be attributed to the rising Chinese consumer spend in Asian markets coupled with new openings and refurbishment of duty free stores across the major international airports in the region, as well as downtown and even cruise ships.
What else does this report offer?
– Current market sizes and forecasts to 2022 by categories, including clothing, footwear, jewelry, watches and accessories, and luggage and leather goods
– Market insights based on consumer trends and changing economic and demographic factors
– Duty free retail sales and fastest-growing markets for duty free channel
– Category level retail sales and forecast growth rates in Asia-Pacific
– Competitive landscape covering market share of major duty free operators and their duty free sales and trading update analysis, recent key events.
– South Korea is the largest duty free market in the region and also globally
– India is the fastest-growing duty free market followed by Japan and China
– Refurbishments and new store openings to aid growth of duty free sales
– Duty free retailers expanding their e-commerce presence
– Expansion of downtown duty free locations to boost sales
– Increased spending by Chinese travelers is a vital cog in Asian duty free market.
Reasons to buy
Get immediate access to –
– Reliable duty free retail sales data across Asia-Pacific for 2017 with forecasts for 2022 with information on largest and fastest-growing markets to inform market expansion and to manage risk
– Explore an in-depth analysis of duty free retail sales data for major markets to identify target categories and develop growth plans
– Learn from duty free retail trends and market drivers to customize your entry/expansion approach depending on the duty free retail landscape
– Choose partners, understand the competition, with data and analysis of major duty free retailers, including market shares, trading performance, locations, travel retail strategy for each.
Lotte Duty Free
The Shilla Duty free
China Duty Free Group
King Power International Thailand)
Ever Rich Group
Sky Connection Duty Free
Japan Airport Terminal Co.
King Power Group (Hong Kong)
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Key retail innovations