Food & Grocery Retailing in Germany, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
- Pages: 45
- Published: May 2017
- Report Code: RT0748SR
"Food & Grocery Retailing in Germany, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021" provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to German retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing German food and grocery retail market.
Food and grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 39.1% of the total German retail market in 2016. The German shopper has been splitting spend between mass market food & grocery retailers and the discounters for years as they balance choice and quality against price. However competition between the two is becoming more intense as discounters up their quality and mass market retailers lower prices.
With rising wages and changing lifestyles, consumers are seeking convenience when shopping for groceries and this trend has benefited convenience stores, which have registered strong growth, as well as online. However though the latter still has a very low share of the overall market, retailers are making significant investments in this channel.
What else does this report offer?
– In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
– The report also details major retailers in food and grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
– Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
– Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in food and grocery sector
– Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in food and grocery sector
– Food and grocery is the largest sector, accounting for 39.1% of the total German retail market in 2016
– Private labels are popular among Germans
– Online retail is expected to grow at a CAGR of 82.5% during the forecast period
– Expansion, new food propositions & formats drive growth
– Edeka is the largest player in Germany with an estimated market share of 17.8%
Reasons to buy
– Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the German retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
– Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
– Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
– Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Food & Grocery