Retailing in Brazil – Market Shares, Summary and Forecast to 2021
- Pages: 129
- Published: January 2018
- Report Code: RT0274MR
"Retailing in Brazil, Market Shares, Summary & Forecasts to 2021", provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to Brazalian retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing Brazil retail industry.
Despite the decline in the economy, the online channel will consistently outperform other channels over the five years from 2016 to 2021 with a CAGR of 15.9%. This will add R$63 billion to sales through this channel, reaching R$120.8 billion in 2021 with 6.2% share of all sales.
What else does this report offer?
– In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics (covering 26 product categories),
– The report also details major retailers in each category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
– Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
– Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories, which include Clothing, Footwear, Books, News and Stationery, Electrical and Electronics, Food and Grocery, Health and Beauty, Furniture and Floor Coverings, Home and Garden Products, Music, Video and Entertainment Software, Sports and Leisure Equipment, Jewelry, Watches and Accessories, and Luggage and Leather Goods
– Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics across various channels
– The online channel will consistently outperform other channels over the five years from 2016 to 2021 with a CAGR of 15.9%..
– The clothing & footwear market in Brazil is moderately fragmented with the top 10 retailers accounting for 24.7% of overall sector sales in 2016.
– Clothing & footwear sales stood at R$151.5 billion in 2016 and are expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during 2016-2021 to reach R$187.6 billion by 2021.
– Food & grocery is the largest sector in terms of value in Brazil and accounted for more than half of overall retail sales (53.1%) in 2016.
– Health & beauty is the second largest sector in the Brazilian retail industry and contributed 12.3% to total retail sales in 2016.
– Local retailers dominate home sector sales in Brazil with nine of the top 10 retailers having local presence.
Reasons to buy
– Gain comprehensive knowledge on 26 product categories in Brazilian retail market and develop a competitive advantage around consumer behavior trends from the start of your supply chain
– Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, and key consumer and technology trends influencing the retail market
– Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
– Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
– Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
– Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in Brazil retail market – including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
The State of the Nation
The State of Retail
Clothing & Footwear
Food & Grocery
Health & Beauty