The global military rotorcraft market is valued at $21.8 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 0.3% during the forecast period 2022-2031. The Asia-Pacific region represented the largest region for the global rotorcraft market in 2021, followed by North America and Europe. The military rotorcraft market is expected to witness slow growth over the forecast period 2022-2031.
The expenditure on military aircraft has been slightly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic but is witnessing a strong comeback on both the supply and demand sides. The market is anticipated to be driven by the ongoing global turmoil, internal and external security threats, fleet replacement programs, modernization strategies, and territorial disputes around the world.
Global military rotorcraft market overview
For more insights on this report, download a free sample
What are the global military rotorcraft market dynamics?
Rapid advancements in the field of stealth, speed, load capacity, and design have rendered a large number of legacies, the erstwhile state-of-the-art rotorcraft fleets obsolete and, in several cases, unsuitable for modern combat, thus necessitating the procurement of new helicopter variants. Countries across the globe are investing heavily in capabilities such as expeditionary capability and rapid deployment in order to counter issues presented by asymmetric warfare and the emerging urban warfare format, which inevitably rely significantly on capabilities provided by rotorcraft platforms. Increasing requirements from the land forces, in addition to the air force and navy, continue to characterize demand in the sector.
Compared to the civil aviation industry, the COVID-19 pandemic’s effects on the military aviation sector were much less since defense budgets were already allocated for the 2020 period. Increasing adoption of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) are and bureaucratic hurdles anticipated to affect demand. However, technology developments such as Hub mounted vibration suppressors and nanotubes to enhance future
helicopter performance along with Sikorsky X2 and Eurocopter X3 these technologies will lead to less maintenance, provide greater payloads, and fly at unprecedented speeds to bring in a new era in rotorcraft.
What are the product or segment classifications in the global military rotorcraft market?
The global military rotorcraft market consists of six categories which include attack helicopter, utility helicopter, maritime helicopter, transport helicopter, multi-mission helicopter, and training helicopter. Attack helicopter led the global military rotorcraft market in 2021, followed by transport helicopter and maritime helicopter. The attack helicopter segment will lead the military rotorcraft market during the forecast period 2022-2031, followed by utility helicopter and maritime helicopter segments.
Global military rotorcraft market, by product
For more segment insights, download a free sample
What are the top regions and countries for the global military rotorcraft market?
Asia-Pacific was the leading market for global military rotorcraft in 2021, followed by North America and Europe. The demand for military rotorcraft is anticipated to be driven by the Asia-Pacific region, especially in countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Japan. However, it will exhibit a steady pace of growth over the forecast period. North American region will hold the second largest position globally followed by Europe. The Middle East, Africa, and Latin America together are anticipated to account for the remaining market share.
In North America, the US continues to be the primary driver of investment, with future development programs garnering a major share of expenditure and planned purchases of advanced variants. China will account for the largest market within the Asia-Pacific region, followed by India and South Korea. Major countries like Russia, the UK, and France are leading the military rotorcraft market in Europe. Similarly, Qatar in the Middle East, Brazil in Latin America, and Morocco in Africa are leading markets of the respective regions.
Global military rotorcraft market, by region
For more regional insights, download a free sample
Who are the key companies in the global military rotorcraft market?
Companies such as Lockheed Martin, Hindustan Aeronautics, Rostec, Airbus, and Korea Aerospace Industries, among others, are anticipated to be the major players in the military rotorcraft market. These companies are also working on the development and manufacturing of new generation aircraft such as the Defiant X, V 280 Valor, CH53 LCH, and LAH. Market demand in late 2020 s is expected to be generated from these new-generation aircraft across the globe.
Global military rotorcraft market, by key companies
To know more about key players, download a free sample
Market report scope
|Market size (Year-2021)||$21.8 billion|
|Growth rate||CAGR of >0.3% from 2021 to 2031|
|Base year for estimation||2021|
|Product segmentation||Attack Helicopter, Utility Helicopter, Maritime Helicopter, Transport Helicopter, Multi-mission Helicopter, and Training Helicopter|
|Regional coverage||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Africa, Latin America|
|Key companies||Lockheed Martin, Hindustan Aeronautics, Rostec, Airbus, and Korea Aerospace Industries|
What else is contained:
- Market size and drivers: Detailed analysis during 2021-2031, including highlights of the demand drivers and growth. It also provides a snapshot of the spending and modernization patterns of different regions around the world.
- Recent developments and industry challenges: Insights into technological developments and a detailed analysis of the existing military rotorcraft projects being executed and planned worldwide. It also provides trends of the changing industry structure and the challenges faced by industry participants.
- Regional highlights: study of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the key segments of the market that are expected to be in demand.
- Major programs: details of the key programs in each segment, which are expected to be executed during 2021-2031.
- Competitive landscape and strategic insights: analysis of the competitive landscape of the global military rotorcraft market. It provides an overview of key players, their strategic initiatives, and financial analysis.
Reasons to Buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military rotorcraft over the next ten years.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for different military rotorcraft segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them.
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global rotorcraft market, providing a clear picture of future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion.
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global military rotorcraft market.
- Make correct business decisions based on in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape consisting of detailed profiles of the top rotorcraft providers around the world. The company profiles also include information about the key products, alliances, recent contract awarded, and financial analysis, wherever available.
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Global Military Rotorcraft Market – Overview
Demand Drivers: Need to replace aging fleets to drive long-term investment
Trends: Indigenous development programs continue to witness sustained investment in erstwhile traditional markets in the Asia-Pacific
Technological Developments: Hub-mounted vibration suppressors and nanotubes to enhance future helicopter performance
Key Challenges: Increasing adoption of UAVs and bureaucratic hurdles anticipated to affect demand
Global Military Rotorcraft Market – Segment Analysis
Segment Analysis: Attack Helicopter
Segment Analysis: Utility Helicopter
Segment Analysis: Maritime Helicopter
Segment Analysis: Transport Helicopter
Segment Analysis: Multi-mission Helicopter
Segment Analysis: Training Helicopter
Global Military Rotorcraft Market – Regional Analysis
Global Military Rotorcraft – Regional Overview
Regional Analysis: Asia-Pacific
Regional Analysis: North America
Regional Analysis: Europe
Regional Analysis: Middle East
Regional Analysis: Africa
Regional Analysis: Latin America
Global Military Rotorcraft Market – Trend Analysis
Leading Segments in Key Countries
Country Analysis – 13 Leading Countries
Market Size and CAGR Growth Analysis, 2021-2031
Change in Market Share, 2021-2031
Segmental Analysis, 2021-2031
Key Programs Analysis
Description of Key Programs
Delivery Period, Units and Total Expenditure
Competitive Landscape Analysis
Competitive Analysis – 11 Leading Companies
Major Products and Services
Financial Analysis covering Revenue, Operating Profit and Net Profit
Financial Deal and Contracts
Frequently Asked Questions
The global rotorcraft market size was estimated at $21.8 billion in 2021.
The global military rotorcraft market is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of more than 0.3% from 2022 to 2031.
Asia-Pacific represented the largest region for the global military rotorcraft market in 2021, followed by North America and Europe.
Lockheed Martin, Hindustan Aeronautics, Rostec, Airbus, and Korea Aerospace Industries.
The high-potential countries identified for the global military rotorcraft market are China, Japan, India, the US, Brazil, Russia, South Korea, France, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, and the UK.