"Malaysia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Malaysia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the pay-TV, fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom services revenue in Malaysia will increase from US$8.2 billion in 2020 to US$9.2 billion by the end of 2025, at a CAGR of 2.5%, supported by increasing service revenues from fixed broadband, mobile data, and pay-TV segments. The revenues from mobile data services are set to grow at a 2.9% CAGR over 2020-2025 supported by expansion of 4G networks and roll-out of 5G networks over the forecast period, supported by the Jalinan Digital Negara (JENDELA) plan. Whereas fixed broadband revenue will grow at a CAGR of 10.1% over 2020-2025, driven by increasing fixed wireless access subscriptions and fiber-optic (FTTH/B) subscriptions over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Malaysia.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the pay-TV, fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom service revenue in Malaysia will grow at a CAGR of 2.5% over 2020-2025.
– Mobile services revenue accounted for an estimated 61.7% of the total telecom service revenue in 2020.
– Mobile data accounted for a majority 38.7% share of the total telecom service revenue in 2020.
– Top three operators Maxis, Digi, and Celcom accounted for 69.7% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
Reasons to Buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Malaysia's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Malaysia's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, and pay-TV services, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Malaysia's telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Malaysia.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage