The beverages market consumption volume in Japan was 11629.5 million liters (ML) in Q4-2020. The Japan beverage market report covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis.
What are the key segments in the Japan beverages market?
The key segments in the Japan beverages market are soft drinks, hot drinks, alcoholic drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives.
Soft drinks can be further segmented into packaged water, enhanced water, flavored water, carbonates, juice, nectars, still drinks, squash/syrups, fruit powders, iced/RTD tea drinks, iced/RTD coffee drinks, sports drinks, energy drinks, and bulk/HOD water. Among these, packaged water was the largest segment in Q4 2020.
Hot drinks can be further segmented into hot coffee, hot tea, and other hot drinks. Hot coffee was the largest segment in Q4-2020, followed by hot tea.
Alcoholic drinks can be further segmented into beer, cider, flavored alcoholic beverages, fortified wine, brandy, gin & genever, liqueurs, rum, sorghum beer, sparkling wine, specialty spirits, still wine, tequila & mezcal, vodka, and whisk(e)y. Beer remained the largest category within alcoholic beverages.
Dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives
Dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives can be further segmented into condensed milk, drinking yogurt, evaporated milk, fermented milk, flavored milk, grain, nut, rice and seed milk, alternative drinks, soymilk, and white milk. Among these, white milk was the largest segment in the year 2020.
Japan beverages market, by segments
For more segment insights, download a free sample
Market report scope
|Consumption volume (Q4-2020)||11629.5 ML|
|Key segments||Soft Drinks, Hot Drinks, Alcoholic Drinks, and Dairy & Soy Drinks & Milk Alternatives|
GlobalData’s Japan Quarterly Beverage Tracker Q4-21 covering soft drinks, dairy drinks, hot drinks, and alcoholic drinks is an essential tool for keeping up-to-date with the latest industry performance and developments on a quarterly basis, covering:
- Topline consumption volumes for Q4-2021 vs Q4-2020, moving annual totals (MAT), the full year 2020 provisional data, and 2021 forecasts for all beverage categories.
- Carbonates consumption data for Q4-2021 vs Q4-2020, moving annual totals (MAT), the full year 2020 provisional data, and 2021 forecasts split by regular vs low calorie, and key flavor.
- An economic mood indicator with an at a glance assessment of industry confidence levels, private label performance vs brands, and price trends.
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind the latest quarterly trends and assumptions for the full year 2021.
Reasons to Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the most up-to-date trends in the Japan beverage industry to support and enhance your strategic planning.
- Investigate the latest quarterly and emerging annual trends in Japan to back your marketing initiatives.
- Analyze the latest beverage category 2022 forecast projections to make well-informed decisions on the outlook in the marketplace for your company.
- View a selection of the key quarterly new soft drinks product launches and identify competitor activity.
- Access a quarterly Special Focus on a current industry ‘hot topic’ offering qualitative insight from local consultants to determine opportunities for product innovation.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
1. Category Historic and Forecast Trends and New Products
Dairy & Soy Drinks & Milk Alternatives
2. Data Tables
3. Product Definitions
4. Forecasting Methodology
Frequently Asked Questions
The beverages market consumption volume in Japan was 11629.5 ML in Q4-2020.
Soft drinks, hot drinks, alcoholic drinks, and dairy & soy drinks & milk alternatives are the key segments in the Japanese beverages market.