Healthcare, Hygiene and Toiletries Packaging Opportunities – New Packaging Formats and Value-added Features explores new packaging formats and value-added features in the healthcare, hygiene and toiletries categories, using examples from GlobalData's Pack-Track innovation tool.
With a huge and varied range of products on the retail shelf, it can be difficult for brand owners to offer something unique to consumers. Packaging is a key element that can provide differentiation and important added-value benefits. By using packaging to improve convenience and functionality it is possible to adapt to changing consumer lifestyles. Packaging can also be used to help create a premium image to appeal to aspirational consumers. In response to consumer demand for greater sustainability in packaging, we are seeing easily recycled formats, greater use of recycled materials and refillable formats, and alternative materials are becoming more commonplace. We have used GlobalData's Pack-Track packaging innovation tool to identify new packaging developments within the healthcare, hygiene and toiletries categories, and this report discusses special features and benefits of examples we like, and how they fit in with current consumer trends within GlobalData's TrendSights framework.
Your key questions answered –
– What drives packaging innovations in healthcare, hygiene and toiletries?
– What notable new formats and value-added features have been introduced in the healthcare, hygiene and toiletries categories in recent years?
– Which consumer trends have these packaging innovations capitalized on?
– How can healthcare, hygiene and toiletries manufacturers use packaging to stay ahead of the game in a crowded marketplace?
– In order to be more successful brand owners are adjusting their packs to the changing lifestyle needs of consumers.
– Convenience is important and enhanced functionality through packaging that allows easy usage enables consumers to save time in the home, while smaller or single-serve packs make it possible to enjoy products in on-the-go situations. Packaging can also be used to help create a premium image to appeal to aspirational consumers.
– In responding to consumer demands for improved packaging sustainability, some brand owners are looking to recycled materials and easily recycled packs, while others are launching durable refillable formats that reduce single-use packaging waste, or exploring alternative materials to reduce reliance on petroleum-based plastics.
Reasons to Buy
– Use GlobalData's Category Packaging Opportunities reports to inspire innovation.
– Understand the relevant consumer trends that drive and support innovation so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
– Appreciate the importance of added functionality of packaging in the overall consumer experience of a product and how this can help to drive brand loyalty.
Godrej Consumer Products
LG Household & Healthcare
Dr. Tung's Products, Inc
Ecolife Innovations, LLC
Kao USA Inc
Werner & Mertz
Procter & Gamble
Delta Pronatura Dr.Krauss & Dr.Beckmann
Bayer HealthCare LLC
Premier Brands of America Inc
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare
Hello Products LLC
Matrixx Initiatives, Inc
Schwarzkopf & Henkel
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
About GlobalData's Research
Category Packaging Opportunities: Healthcare, Hygiene, and Toiletries
Category Packaging Opportunities: Spotlight
Category Packaging Opportunities: Examples We Like
Category Packaging Opportunities: TrendSights
Category Packaging Opportunities: Action Points