POLi – Competitor Profile
- Pages: 15
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDVR1185MR
POLi is an online payment solution offered by POLi Payments. Launched in 2006, it is currently available in Australia and New Zealand. The solution offers online banking-based payment services and is used to make payments to online retailers, utility service providers, airline operators, and government agencies. The solution allows users to pay for online purchases directly from their bank account without the need for a payment card. Merchants receive instant payment acknowledgment, allowing them to immediately supply goods or services to customers.
POLi is currently supported by 21 banks and financial institutions in Australia and New Zealand. Customers do not have to register separately to use the service.
In December 2014, POLi Payments was acquired by SecurePay, a fully owned subsidiary of Australia Post. However, it continues to operate as an independent business. Merco Limited is responsible for sales, marketing, and other support services for POLi in New Zealand. The NZ Transport Agency was the first merchant to offer POLi payments to its customers.
The report provides information and insights into POLi including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– In 2006, POLi launches in Australia.
– In October 2014, Online luxury product retailer Reebonz adds POLi as a payment option.
– In December 2018, POLi partners with Alternative Airlines, enabling travelers in Australia and New Zealand to buy flight tickets using POLi from 2019.
– In June 2021, POLi partnered with FastBitcoins, a bitcoin investment platform, to allow Australian consumers to purchase bitcoin on the platform through their bank accounts via POLi.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into POLi's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products & Services