Blik – Competitor Profile
- Pages: 17
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDVR1183MR
Blik is a Polish mobile payment solution launched by Polski Standard Płatności (PSP) in February 2015. PSP was formed in 2013 through strategic co-operation between six major Polish banks: Alior Bank, Millennium Bank, Bank Zachodni WBK (now Santander), ING Bank, mBank, and PKO Bank. In April 2020, Mastercard became a shareholder of PSP and Blik. All seven shareholders now hold an equal share in PSP.
Blik is offered by Polish banks as an additional service within their mobile banking apps. It enables users to conduct payment transactions using a mobile phone, including online and in-store payments, cash deposits and withdrawals at ATMs, and P2P fund transfers. The solution is now used by 7.6 million customers of the participating banks. Online transactions accounted for 74% of total Blik transactions in 2020, with P2P transfers the second most popular feature, followed by payments at point-of-sale (POS) terminals and ATM withdrawals.
Blik is accepted at over 20,000 ATMs and 702,000 POS terminals across Poland. Payments can be made using two payment options: Blik Code and Blik Cheque. Blik Code is a one-time six-digit code that is generated by logging into the mobile banking app; the code is entered at the POS terminal or online checkout page. Blik Cheque allows users to make payments using a nine-digit cheque number and a PIN.
Blik has various partnerships with complementary businesses, which have helped the company stay competitive in the market. In March 2020, Blik partnered with payment solutions provider Adyen, enabling Adyen’s partner merchants to accept payments via Blik.
The report provides information and insights into Blik including –
– Detailed insight into its business
– Comprehensive coverage of its products and services
– Comparative assessment with key alternative payment solutions
– Information on its performance highlights as well as revenue model
– The company's important events and milestones
– In February 2015, Blik was launched.
– In October 2015, Blik launched a P2P payment service.
– In April 2017, Blik introduced postal service payments via Blik in collaboration with Post Poland.
– In July 2020, Blik partnered with Nest Bank, enabling its customers to make instant fund transfers through the bank’s mobile banking app.
Reasons to buy
– Gain insights into Blik's business operations and key events.
– Gain insights into its product portfolio.
– Assess the competitive dynamics in the alternative payments industry by comparing its performance against competitors.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Products & Services
Partner Banks & Financial Institutions