Tourism Source Market Insight – Scandinavia (2021)
- Pages: 34
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDTT0421MI
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight – Scandinavia (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Scandinavia’s intra-regional and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Scandinavian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Scandinavian outbound travel market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– The majority of travel in the region is within the country (domestic), with 82% of travel in 2020 domestic and just 18% international. Sweden has the most outbound travel in Scandinavia.
– Sun and beach holidays are the most popular in the region, aligning with the preferences of the rest of Europe. Scandinavia’s top destination is Spain, a popular sun and beach hotspot.
– Average expenditure on outbound trips is relatively high compared to other countries. Denmark is the highest, with an average outbound spend of $1528 USD per tourist.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series.
– This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Scandinavian outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in Scandinavia's domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of Scandinavian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
– This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on Scandinavian outbound and domestic tourism
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Region Snapshot: 2020
Scandinavian tourism market in 2020: at a glance
Scandinavian Tourist Profile
What types of holidays do Scandinavian travelers take?
Insight into the Scandinavian traveler
How has COIVD-19 affected Scandinavian travelers appetite for travel?
Domestic travel in Denmark
Domestic travel in Finland and Sweden
Domestic travel in Norway
Main & Developing Destination Markets
Where did Scandinavian tourists travel to in 2020?
Main Destination Markets
Developing Destination Markets: Cyprus
Worldwide Developing Destination Markets: Asia Pacific