Tourism Source Market Insight – Canada (2021)
- Pages: 36
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDTT0419MI
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight – Canada (2021) report provides a thorough insight into Canada's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Canadian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Canadian outbound travel market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
– Domestic tourism declined by -72.1% YoY in 2020 and international departures by -70.4%. Domestic is forecast to recover sooner than international travel.
– GlobalData’s Q1 2021Consumer Survey, revealed that x% of Canadian respondents are always, often, or somewhat influenced by how well the product/service aligns with my time and money constraints.
– With its only land border with the US, the country continues to welcome the most Canadian travelers with 53.4% of outbound travelers making the trip across the border in 2020.
– Canada has some of the highest airport taxes and fees in the world. With 64% of Canadians rating affordability as the top factor for destination selection may result in less further afield travel.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series.
– This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Canadian outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in Canada's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of Canadian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
– This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on Canadian outbound and domestic tourism
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Country Snapshot: 2020
Canadian tourism market in 2020: at a glance
Canadian Tourist Profile
What types of holidays do Canadian travelers take?
Insight into Canadian travelers
How has COIVD-19 affected Canadian travelers’ appetite for travel?
How has COVID-19 impact Canadians short term travel plans?
Main & Developing Destination Markets
Where did Canadian tourists travel to in 2020?
Where do Canadian tourists want to travel in 2021 and beyond?
Main Destination Markets
Developing Destination Markets
Opportunities to attract Canadian Tourists