Tourism Source Market Insight – France (2021)
- Pages: 43
- Published: July 2021
- Report Code: GDTT0416MI
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight – France (2021) report provides a thorough insight into France's domestic, intra-regional and long-haul travel habits. The report looks at the profiles of French tourists and summarizes the key reasons why they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the French source market. It also assesses the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on French tourism.
– Spain is set to continue to attract the most international arrivals from France as demand recovers and is expected to exceed pre-COVID highs welcoming 11.4 million French travelers by 2025
– Affordability is the number one factor for French travelers when choosing a destination with 50% of respondents in a GlobalData survey revealing this as the top factor taken into consideration when selecting a destination. The fact this is the top determinant of travel should be noted by key destinations to ensure the price of the destination is competitive.
– International departures from France will not reach 2019 levels until 2024. GlobalData’s forecasts identify that 26.6 million French travelers will travel in 2021, still significantly lower than pre-pandemic levels in 2019.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the French source market.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in the French domestic, intra-regional and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of French tourists and the reasons why they travel, which provides an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities when targeting this market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
– This report examines the impact of COVID-19 on French outbound and domestic tourism.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Country Snapshot: 2020
The French tourism market in 2020: at a glance
French Tourist Profile
What types of holidays do French travelers take?
Insight into French travelers
How has COIVD-19 affected French travelers’ appetite for travel?
France’s COVID-19 Economic Recovery
How has COVID-19 impacted French travelers’ short term travel plans?
Domestic Flows – Environmental Impact on Air Travel
Main & Developing Destination Markets
Where did French tourists travel to in 2020?
How has COVID-19 impacted French travelers’ short term travel destination plans?
Main Destination Markets
Developing Destination Markets
Opportunities to attract French Tourists