Tourism Destination Market Insight – Australia (2021)
- Pages: 39
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDTT0396MI
Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in Australia. This report explores the types of travelers that visit the country as well as a SWOT analysis.
– International tourism has grown significantly in Australia over the last three decades. In 1992 there were 2.5 million international trips to Australia. By 2019, this number increased to x million linked to increased awareness, tourism infrastructure, innovative products and intense marketing.
– Over many years, single travelers have accounted for over 50% of all inbound travel. In 2020 the proportion increased from 51% to 54%, highlighting the popularity of the destination with single travelers.
– Although solo travel is forecast to continue to be the most popular market for inbound tourism to Australia, GlobalData’s forecasts see group travel increasing greatly from 2022 onwards. From 2022 to 2025, GlobalData projects that group travel will grow by a CAGR (compound annual growth rate) of 15.3%.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case Australia.
Reasons to buy
– Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in a burgeoning tourist destination.
– Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
– Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Rydges Hotels & Resorts
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Types of Tourism
Destination Focus: Main Destinations
Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis
Appendix & References