Analysis of destination markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities in the North America. This report explores the types of travelers that visit the country as well as a SWOT analysis.
– From vast natural landscapes including coastal areas, national parks and mountain ranges to bustling cities full of cultural landmarks, North America benefits from a strong tourism offering. Therefore, there is a wide range of pull factors that lures visitors worldwide for leisure and business but as well as attractive destinations to visit, its sizable VFR market is also a strong feature.
– GlobalData’s forecasts suggest that inbound tourism expenditure to North America will not recover until after 2025. Budget constraints are going to be more important in purchasing travel experiences over the next few years as individuals and destinations grapple with the economic fallouts as a result of this pandemic.
– Marketing campaigns out of North America already cater to a wide range of travelers such as cultural, sport, adventure, gastronomy amongst many others. Post-pandemic, trends that hold further growth opportunity include LGBTQIA+ and Slow travel. COVID-19 can still be considered the greatest threat facing any tourism destination in 2021 and across North America this is no different. Each destination does hold a strong domestic tourism offering, but this cannot be relied upon alone to offset the collapse of international travel.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case North America.
Reasons to buy
– Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in a burgeoning tourist destination.
– Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
– Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Types of Tourism
Destination Focus: Main Destinations
Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis
Appendix & References