Tourism Source Market Insight – Australia (2020)
- Pages: 34
- Published: December 2020
- Report Code: GDTT0337MI
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight – Australia (2020) report provides a thorough insight into the Australian domestic and outbound tourism markets. The report looks at the profiles of Australian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveller flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Australian outbound travel market.
– 52% of Australians typically take a VFR holiday and it is the primary motivator behind travel for both domestic and outbound trips made by Australian tourists.
– South Australia experienced the highest YOY growth (+18.9%) from domestic tourists in 2019 led by its wealth of attractions and opportunity for natural and active experiences.
– Australians are recognized as the 6th highest tourism spenders worldwide and on average the longest staying international visitor .
– New Zealand and Indonesia received the highest number of Australian tourists in 2019.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveller flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Australian outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in Australia’s domestic and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveller spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of Australian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Region Country Snapshot: 2019
Australian tourism market in 2019: at a glance
What types of holidays do Australian travelers take?
Insight into Australian travelers
How has COVID-19 affected Australian travelers' appetite for travel?
Main & Developing Destination Markets
Where did Australian tourists travel to in 2019?
Main Destination Markets
Developing Destination Markets
Opportunities to attract Australian Tourists