Tourism Source Market Insight – Canada (2020)
- Pages: 35
- Published: November 2020
- Report Code: GDTT0302MI
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight – Canada (2020) report provides a thorough insight into Canada's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Canadian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Canadian outbound travel market.
– VFR tourism is the most popular tourism type in Canada, with nearly half of tourists typically taking this kind of holiday.
– According to GlobalData’s 2019 Q3 Consumer Survey, nearly half (49%) of Canadian respondents are interested and actively buy products that save them time and effort.
– Costa Rica is set to benefit from forecast growth in visitation by Canadian tourists at a CAGR of xx% between 2019 and 2024.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Canadian outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in Canada’s domestic and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of Canadian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Overview Country Snapshot: 2019
Canadian tourism market in 2019: at a glance
What types of holidays do Canadian travelers take?
Insight into the Canadian travelers
COVID-19 precautions taken within Canada
Main & Developing Destination Markets
Where did Canadian tourists travel to in 2019?
Main Destination Markets
Developing Destination Markets
Opportunities to attract Canadian Tourists