GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight: Spain report provides a thorough insight into Spain's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Spanish tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Spanish outbound travel market.
– Spain is among the top spending countries in Europe in both domestic and international tourism.
– With 169.5 million travelers in 2019, the domestic market is more than eight times larger than the outbound one.
– In 2019, the 50-64 age group accounted for 47.9 million trips, making it the main holiday-taking, and fastest growing, age group in Spain.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series.
– This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Spanish outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in Spain's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of Spanish tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
At a glance: The Spanish tourist market
Risks to Spanish tourism
Which types of holiday do Spaniards take?
Which factors motivate Spaniards when choosing a holiday?
An insight into Spanish tourists
Main and developing destination markets
Where did Spanish tourists travel to in 2019?
Opportunities to attract Spanish tourism
Terminology and definitions
About the Author
GlobalData at a glance