Case Study: Future of the package holiday industry
- Pages: 21
- Published: January 2020
- Report Code: GDTT0290MI
Following Thomas Cook’s recent demise, many have supposed that the appeal of the package holiday is deteriorating terminally. The rising influence of OTA’s, LCC’s and the emergence of the sharing economy is perceived as threatening the market share of operators. The reality is the package industry is booming but the traditional model of the package holiday is evolving and dynamic packages are growing in popularity as travelers are more inclined to construct and design their own ideal holiday experiences. This case studies explores the future of the package holiday.
– This holiday type can be segmented, offering different styles of packages. These holidays can be segmented as follows: Dynamic, Static, Tailored, and Personalized
– The rising influence of OTA’s, LCC’s and the emergence of the sharing economy is perceived as threatening the marketshare of operators.
– Personalization and the experience economy are now mega-themes across the travel industry leading to more operatorsspecializing in different interests.
– As the traditional model of the package holiday evolves, dynamic packages are growing in popularity as travelers are more inclined to construct and design their own ideal holiday experiences.
Reasons to buy
– Understand the dynamics of the package holiday industry
– Learn about how the package holiday industry is evolving
– Gain an insight into key source markets for this type of holiday
– Understand how companies are looking to tap into this ever-changing industry
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
2. Key Market Trends
Global Key Trends
3. Key Regions
4. Challenges and Opportunities
5. Company Profiles