Case Study: How destinations are targeting the ever growing LGBTQ+ market
- Pages: 20
- Published: July 2019
- Report Code: GDTT0194MI
The ‘LGBTQ’ refers to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer. Whilst the ‘+’ is an ‘inclusive symbol’ that refers to any other identities that fall under this bracket. Key players across the travel sector are supporting this market spurring economic and social development within their community. This case study takes a look at the LGBTQ+ traveler market and what opportunities and challenges face destinations trying to attract tourists from within the community.
– Visibility on online communities and social media platforms has made this traveler type more visible than ever within global society making it an easily identifiable market segment.
– There is a rise in family travel for LGBTQ+ couples as more families adopt or undertake treatment. Key destinations are embracing this market tailoring different products to travellers' needs such as LGBTQ+ family orientated hotels and cruises.
– High spenders, more adventurous and a market that is easier to reach due to improved visibility; targeting and accepting the LGBTQ+ traveler acts as a powerful image for your destination in modern society.
– This case study takes a close look at the LGBTQ+ traveler market and what opportunities and challenges face destinations trying to attract tourists from within the community. It also looks at key current destinations within this space, as well as developing destination markets and segments.
Reasons to buy
– Gain an understanding of the dynamics of the LGBTQ+ market
– Analyze the opportunities this market presents for destinations.
– Assess the challenges this market presents for destinations.
– Understand what companies and destinations are already doing to support the LGBTQ+ community.
Royal Caribbean International
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
An insight into the LGBTQ+ market
Key travel players supporting the LGBTQ+ traveler
Key and developing destinations
Terminology and definitions
About the Author