Tourism Destination Market Insights: China (2019) – Analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and risks and opportunities
- Pages: 36
- Published: September 2019
- Report Code: GDTT0183MI
As the fourth largest inbound destination, the People’s Republic of China aims to enrich the quality and socio-economic development of tourism throughout the nation. Declared in the ‘Outline for National Tourism and Leisure’ (2013-2020) the strategy aims to improve the quality of life, tourism services, infrastructure, tourism product development (such as rural and red tourism), develop public services nationally and generally enhance the quality of overall services.
City breaks, cultural tourism and backpacking are some of the most avid types of travel into and around China. As the People’s Republic of China invest in more tourism products, this has seen a rise in health and wellness, rural and red tourism throughout the nation.
In 2018 China received 61.8 million inbound travelers an increase of 1.8% from 2017.
This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for China as a destination market.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series.
– These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case China.
Reasons to buy
– Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in popular, well-established and upcoming tourist destinations.
– Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
– Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
China Eastern Airlines
China Southern Airlines
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
New International Flights
Types of Tourism
City Focus: Beijing
City Focus: Shenzhen
City Focus: Chengdu
Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis