Tourism Destination Market Insights: United States (2019) – Analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and risks and opportunities
- Pages: 39
- Published: June 2019
- Report Code: GDTT0182MI
The United States provides a diverse range of attractions, experiences and activities appealing to all types of travelers from city slickers, heritage enthusiasts, culture seekers, avid sports fans and adventurers worldwide. It remains a highly popular destination, attracting large numbers of business and lesiure travelers.
The report uses state and national focused analysis to explore inbound tourist markets, infrastructure and attractions, as well as risks and opportunities. The report provides clear insight into current and future tourism developments in the region.
– Inbound and domestic tourism numbers are continually set to increase annually in the US. Domestically, tourism numbers are forecast to increase by 1.8% between 2019 and 2023 and internationally by 2.7% within these years.
– There are currently 125 tourism related construction projects being executed in the US that are equal to, or over US$1bn.
– Japan, the UK and especially China are becoming major source markets for the US. Between 2019 and 2023, GlobalData expects a CAGR of 7.7% in Chinese visitation to the US.
– Florida was the most visited state in the US in 2018. It welcomed 124.7 million visitors, marking the eighth consecutive record year for the state.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destniantion market, in this case the United States.
Reasons to buy
– Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in popular, well-established and upcoming tourist destinations.
– Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
– Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Bellagio (MGM Resorts)
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
New International Flights
Types of Tourism
Health and Wellness Tourism
State Focus: Florida
State Focus: Nevada
State Focus: Texas
Regional Risk & SWOT Analysis