This insight report includes an analysis of source markets, infrastructure and attractions, and assesses the risks and opportunities for the Gulf Cooperation Council as a destination market.
– Leisure tourism is by far the most popular kind of tourism in the UAE for both international and domestic travelers. In 2018, 17.1 million international arrivals arrived for leisure, making up an enormous 88% of international arrivals that year.
– Saudi Arabians are by far the biggest international source market for Bahrain in terms of visitors, with 1.9 million visiting in 2018; 43.2% of Bahrain's entire international market.
– Tourism to Oman has grown rapidly since 2011 at a CAGR of 14.5%, this has resulted in 2.8 million international tourists in 2018, a 1.7 million person increase from 2011.
– Qatar has an enormous opportunity to show the world what it has to offer by hosting the football World Cup in 2022. According to FIFA, more than 3.5 billion people viewed the World Cup in 2018, this means Qatar has the opportunity to market itself to nearly half of the entire population on Earth.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Destination Market Insights Series. These reports provide an in-depth analysis of a tourist destination and its key source markets, as well as an assessment of the trends and issues in the covered destination market, in this case the GCC.
Reasons to Buy
– Obtain a clear and detailed insight into new developments in popular, well-established and upcoming tourist destinations.
– Use data and analysis to explore future trends related to international arrivals, airlines, niche tourism, and hotel developments.
– Gain a strong understanding of the opportunities in the market, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Types of Tourism
Visiting Friends and Relatives
Country Focus: UAE
Country Focus: Saudi Arabia
Country Focus: Oman
Country Risk & SWOT Analysis