Tourism Source Market Insight: Italy – Analysis of tourist profiles & flows, spending patterns, destination markets, risks and future opportunities
- Pages: 40
- Published: March 2019
- Report Code: GDTT0160MI
GlobalData’s "Tourism Source Market Insight: Italy", report provides a thorough insight into Italy's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Italian tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Italian outbound travel market.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Italian outbound travel market.
– Most typical holiday choices for Italian tourists in 2018 ranked as sun and beach holidays and city breaks.
– Leisure is the most common purpose for both domestic at 62%
– European destinations remain the top international choices for holiday destinations due to cost, accessibility and cultural similarities.
– For international tourism the solo traveler market is set to increase at a CAGR of 3.3% from 2017 to 2022.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in Italy's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of Italian tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
At a glance: The Italian tourism market in 2018
Risks to outbound Italian tourism
2. Tourist Profile
For what purposes do Italians travel?
An insight into the Italian traveler
3. Domestic Tourism
4. Outbound Tourism
5. Main destination markets
Where did Italians go in 2018?
Regional and country overview
Destination Focus: Spain
Destination Focus: Germany
The emerging market of health and wellness
Increasing interests into cultural and heritage sites
Attracting the attention of Italian tourists
Terminology and definitions
About the author
GlobalData at a glance