Tourism Source Market Insight: China – Analysis of tourist profiles & flows, spending patterns,destination markets, risks and future opportunities
- Pages: 39
- Published: April 2019
- Report Code: GDTT0155MI
GlobalData’s "Tourism Source Market Insight: China", report provides a detailed insight into China's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of Chinese tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Chinese outbound travel market.
This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the Chinese outbound travel market.
– Chinese travelers typically choose city breaks (74%) and sun and beach holidays (70%) as their typical holiday destinations.
– Leisure acted as the main purpose for both domestic (57.5%) and outbound travel (69.2%) in 2018.
– Transport accounted for the largest amount of domestic expenditure totalling US$249bn in 2018.
– Outbound expenditure is predicted to reach US375bn in 2022 at a CAGR of 11.3% and retail expenditure takes up the largest part, predicted to grow to US$115bn in 2022.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in China's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of Chinese tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
At a glance: The Chinese traveler market in 2018
Country Risk analysis
2. Traveler profiles
What motivates Chinese travelers?
An insight into the Chinese traveler
3. Domestic tourism
4. Outbound tourism
5. Identifying the main destination markets
Where did Chinese tourists travel in 2018?
A regional and country overview
Main destination market
Developing destination market
Potential opportunities to attract the Chinese traveler
Terminology and definitions
About the author
GlobalData at a glance