Tourism Source Market Insight: United Kingdom
- Pages: 38
- Published: June 2019
- Report Code: GDTT0154MI
GlobalData’s Tourism Source Market Insight: United Kingdom report provides a thorough insight into the UK's domestic and outbound tourism market. The report looks at the profiles of UK tourists and summarizes the key reasons that they travel. The report offers an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets and current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the UK outbound travel market.
– In 2018, UK residents took 70.7 million international trips and 121.5 million domestic trips.
– Inbound tourism spending totalled $34.2bn in 2018 while outbound spending totalled $105.1bn.
– Domestic tourism expenditure accounted for $137.6bn in 2018.
– UK travelers between the age of 35 and 49 are taking the most holidays with 56 million international and domestic trips being taken by that age category in 2018.
– This report is part of GlobalData's Source Market Insights Series. This report provides an in-depth analysis of traveler flows, spending patterns, main destination markets, as well as current and future opportunities for tourism businesses seeking to tap into the UK outbound travel market.
Reasons to buy
– This report provides clear insight into developments in the UK's domestic and outbound tourism markets.
– The report uses data and analysis to discuss future trends related to domestic trips, international departures, traveler spending, and main destination markets.
– The report explores the different profiles of UK tourists and the reasons that they travel, hence providing an insight into the trends in different segments of the market.
– The reader gains a strong understanding of the opportunities in the country, as well as the risks, to support better business decisions.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
At a glance: The UK tourist market in 2018
Risks to outbound UK tourism
Which types of holiday do UK travelers take and which do they not?
Which factors motivate UK travelers when choosing a holiday?
Insight into UK tourists
Main and developing destinations
Where did UK tourists travel to in 2018?
Threats and opportunities for UK tourism
Terminology and definitions
About the Author
GlobalData at a glance