Artificial Intelligence in Tourism – Thematic Research
- Pages: 42
- Published: May 2018
- Report Code: GDTT-TR-S001
Machine learning is an artificial intelligence (AI) technology that allows machines to learn by using algorithms to interpret data from connected ‘things’ to predict outcomes and learn from successes and failures.
There are many other AI technologies — from image recognition to natural language processing, gesture control, context awareness, and predictive APIs — but machine learning is where most of the investment community’s funding has flowed in recent years. It is also the technology most likely to allow machines to ultimately surpass the intelligence levels of humans.
Many companies, such as Alphabet, have already become ‘AI-first’ companies, with machine learning at their core. At the same time, many ML techniques are being commoditized by being open sourced and pre-packaged into developer toolkits that anyone can use.
This report focuses on Artificial Intelligence in Tourism. New business models such as shared economy have altered the way customers see the tourism industry, and this puts pressure on the tourism players to invest in various IT solutions in order to maintain customer loyalty.
This report focuses on Artificial Intelligence in Tourism, and it presents different case studies of how big tourism players have started using AI solutions to attract and retain customers.
The report offers insight into:
• The specific manifestations of AI that have the most relevance for tourism industry
• The various applications of AI in tourism
• How tourism companies are already instilling AI-based solutions.
• The factors tourism companies need to consider when introducing AI solutions and choosing their AI vendors
Reasons to buy
Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
• Corporations: Helps CEOs understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
• Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Furthermore, this report casts a vertical lens of tourism over the realm of AI. In such a broadly-covered subject, this report investigates the specific role of AI in hotels, airlines, travel agencies, and many more across the tourism industry.
Table of Contents
Impact of AI on tourism
APPENDIX: OUR "THEMATIC" RESEARCH METHODOLOGY