COVID-19 Survey Snapshot: Impact on Consumer Behavior in the Americas – Week 4
- Pages: 16
- Published: April 2020
- Report Code: GDTT-CV-AM4
GlobalData is carrying out weekly consumer surveys in 11 countries between 25th March and 31st May 2020, to track consumer sentiment and shopping behavior during the Coronavirus (COVID19) pandemic.
The sample size is 500 respondents per country, per week. The two countries in scope for the Americas are Brazil and the USA. Questions are consistent every week, and cover consumer opinions about COVID-19, buying behavior and product choices and impact of the Coronavirus (COVID19) outbreak on consumers' lifestyle and activities. This report summarizes the key findings from responses in week 3.
– 52% of Americans and Brazilians are extremely concerned about the coronavirus outbreak. The US now has the most confirmed cases globally, which will undoubtedly be contributing to concern amongst citizens. Whilst in Brazil, it is expected that the true number of COVID-19 cases in much higher, due to a lack of testing and failure to report cases.
– 70% of Brazilians are now spending more time browsing social media than before the COVID-19 outbreak, with an enormous 34% saying they spend all day using social media.
– Brazilian tourists favor Western and South American products, over those from China, Asia and Africa. European and US products are seen as the most trustworthy with 82% respondents finding them reliable, followed closely by local products with 80%.
– This report provides an insight into how the coronavirus pandemic is shaping consumer sentiment in Brazil and the USA.
– It summarizes key findings from the survey ‘s responses and offers insight into how destinations and industry players can adapt to meet changing demands and needs.
Reasons to buy
– Gain access to primary survey data results.
– Understand how the coronavirus pandemic is changing consumer attitudes.
– Assess how you can adapt your business plans and strategies to better meet these changing needs.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
COVID-19 Impact on Consumer Behavior —Americas Week 4
Americans and Brazilians are equally concerned about COVID-19
Brazilians hold high value in how a product/service impacts health and wellbeing
International and domestic travel plans have been affected similarly
There is an opportunity for businesses to take advantage of social media marketing
In Brazil and the US, online reviews and blogs are assuming greater importance
People are visiting bars/pubs less frequently in both markets
There is still a small demand for fast food/casual restaurants
A consumers sex significantly impacts their interest in brand news
Brazilians show greater trust of Western products
About the Survey