Global artificial intelligence (AI) platform revenue will reach $52bn by 2024, up from $28bn in 2019 as spending on AI rise as businesses seek to accelerate digital transformation and development.
As AI becomes more pervasive and embedded in life-changing decisions, the need for transparency has intensified. There have been plenty of high-profile cases in recent years where AI has contributed to bias and discrimination, with the use of facial recognition for policing just one example.
This report is an invaluable guide to this highly disruptive theme, including analysis of key AI technologies and assessment of the leading providers.
- Identifies the key trends impacting growth of the theme over the next 12 to 24 months, split into three categories: technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Includes a comprehensive industry analysis, including up-to-date forecasts for global AI platforms to 2024.
- Detailed value chain highlights seven key AI technologies: machine learning, data science, conversational platforms, computer vision, AI chips, smart robots, and context–aware computing.
- Next few years will see AI providers focus on delivering tangible benefits to clients and dialing back on the hype that has threatened to overwhelm the industry.
- Practical uses of AI will be front and center, as businesses ensure they their money’s worth by using AI to address specific problems.
Nicklas Nilsson, Senior Analyst for Thematic Research at GlobalData, comments:
“The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has acted as a catalyst for AI adoption. According to Globaldata’s Global Emerging Technology Trends Survey 2020, more than three-quarters of companies believe AI has played a role in helping them survive the pandemic. The pandemic has also expedited AI research in federated learning, which allows for collaboration on models without disclosing sensitive information.”
Reasons to Buy
- Identify the main trends in the AI theme over the next 12 to 24 months.
- Gain comprehensive analysis of key AI technologies and assessment of leading providers.
- Understand the seven key AI technologies highlighted in the detailed value chain.
- AI plays a role in virtually every industry – use this report to adapt and innovate or face stagnation and possible elimination.
Table of Contents