Spain Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 41
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0842MR
“Spain Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report,” a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Spain today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'Telecom service revenue growth in Spain over 2020-2025 will be driven revenue growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data services revenue will increase from US$8.4 billion in 2020 to US$12.3 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 8.1%. This growth will be supported by increasing mobile data consumption, increasing mobile data ARPU and growing adoption of higher 5G data-bundled plans. Fixed broadband revenue will increase at a CAGR of 4.5% to reach $5.9 billion by 2025, supported by strong growth in FTTH and fixed wireless subscriptions on the back of ongoing coverage expansions by the government and operators like Orange Spain and Movistar Spain.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Spain.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Spain will increase at a CAGR of 3.4% during 2020-2025.
– Mobile service revenue will contribute 59.5% of the total telecom service revenue in 2025.
– 4G subscriptions accounted for 79.4% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
– The top three mobile operators, Movistar Spain, Orange Spain, and Vodafone Spain, accounted for 77.3% share of total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Spain's telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Spain's mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Spain's telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Spain.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage