Australia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 43
- Published: June 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0840MR
"Australia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Australia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
'Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Australia will grow at a CAGR of 3.6%, supported by revenue growth in mobile data, mobile voice and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data services revenue will increase at a robust CAGR of 7.6%. This growth will be driven by spike in mobile internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and increasing data ARPS. Fixed broadband service revenues will grow at a CAGR of 3.2%, driven by growth in FTTH and fixed wireless subscriptions on the back of ongoing coverage expansions by the government. Pay-TV services revenues in Australia will drop to reach $2.3 billion by 2025-end. This drop is mainly due to subscription loss in DTH segment and declining aggregate pay-TV ARPU levels over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Australia.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom service revenue in Australia will grow at a CAGR of 3.6% in terms of US$ during 2020-2025.
– Mobile data service revenue will grow at a CAGR of 7.6% over 2020-2025 driven by spike in mobile internet subscriptions, growing consumption of mobile data services and increasing data ARPS as users adopt higher-value 5G packages over the forecast period.
– 4G will be the most adopted mobile technology over the 2020-25 period. We expect 5G’s share continue to increase from 5.7% in 2020 to 34.4% by 2024 as telcos such as Optus, Telstra, and TPG have been focusing on 5G network expansion.
– The top three mobile operators, Telstra, Optus, and TPG Telecom accounted for 84.7% share of overall mobile subscriptions during 2020.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Australia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Australia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Australia’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Australia.
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (VHA)
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage