Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 35
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0834MR
"Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in DRC today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom services revenues in the DRC is expected to grow at a robust CAGR of 17.4%, supported by revenue growth in mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data services revenues will increase at a robust CAGR of 25.8% over 2020-2025, primarily driven by increasing data ARPS and growing 3G/4G services adoption during the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenues will grow at a strong CAGR of 8% over the same period,driven by growing adoption of broadband services in the country, on the back of ongoing investments in broadband infrastructure by state-owned telco Congolese Post and Telecommunications Company (SCPT).
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in DRC.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom services revenue in DRC will grow at a robust CAGR of 17.4% during 2020-2025.
– Mobile services revenue will account for 95.8% of the total telecom service revenue in 2025, with a strong growth coming from mobile data segment.
– Vodacom, Airtel, and Orange accounted for 89.6% of total mobile subscriptions in 2020
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of DRC’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in DRC’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in DRC’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in DRC.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage