Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 42
- Published: May 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0832MR
"Indonesia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report", a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Indonesia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV service revenues in Indonesia will grow at a CAGR of 4%, to $16.1 billion by 2025, supported by revenue growth in mobile data, fixed voice and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data service revenues, will increase at a CAGR of 4.0%, driven by increasing data ARPS, spike in mobile internet subscriptions, and growing consumption of mobile data services over the forecast period. Fixed broadband service revenues will increase to reach $4.4 billion by 2025, driven by strong growth across FTTH subscriptions on the back of ongoing coverage expansions by the operators like Telkom Indonesia and XL Axiata. Indonesia’s pay-TV services revenues will drop to $369 million by 2025-end, due to subscription loss in cable segment and declining aggregate pay-TV ARPU levels over the forecast period.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Indonesia.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom service revenue in Indonesia will grow at a CAGR of 4% during 2020-2025.
– Mobile revenue will account for 65.9% of total telecom revenue in 2025, driven by increasing data ARPS, spike in mobile internet subscriptions and growing consumption of mobile data services over the forecast period.
– 4G subscriptions is expected to have accounted for 46.5% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
– The top three mobile operators, Telkomsel, Indosat Ooredoo, and XL Axiata, accounted for 84.1% share of total mobile subscriptions at year-end 2020.
– Indosat Ooredoo and Tri Indonesia are in merger talks, which will alter the market dynamics if successful.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Indonesia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Indonesia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Indonesia’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Indonesia.
Citra Sari Makmur
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage