Central African Republic (CAR) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 35
- Published: April 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0827MR
"Central African Republic (CAR) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in CAR today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
The total telecom services revenue in the CAR will increase from $91.0 million in 2020 to $146.9 million by the end of 2025, at a CAGR of 10.1%, primarily driven by projected growth across all the segments. The revenues from mobile data services are set to grow at a 20.6% CAGR over 2020-2025 majorly driven by the rising mobile internet subscriptions on the back of improving mobile network coverage. Whereas fixed broadband revenue will grow at a robust CAGR of 29.4% over 2020-2025, driven by growing access lines, which will be supported by government projects, such as the Central Africa Fiber-Optic Backbone Project (CAB).
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in CAR.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom service revenue in the CAR will grow at a CAGR of 10.1% over 2020-2025.
– Mobile services revenue is estimated to be 98.1% of the total telecom service revenue in 2020.
– Mobile voice accounted for 72.6% of the total telecom service revenue in 2020.
– Top three operators Orange, Telecel, and Moov are expected to account 95.4% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of CAR’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in CAR’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in CAR’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in CAR.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage