Nigeria Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 40
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0813MR
"Nigeria Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Nigeria today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Nigeria will be supported by revenue growth in the mobile data and fixed broadband segments. Mobile data services revenue will increase at a robust CAGR of 14%, driven by increasing 4G penetration and users increasingly taking up larger data packages. Fixed broadband revenues will increase at a robust CAGR of 16.1%, supported by increasing broadband penetration, on the back of the government’s plan to expand the country’s fiber network under the National Broadband Policy 2020-2025.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Nigeria.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Nigeria will grow at a CAGR of 3.5% over 2020-2025.
– Mobile services revenue will account for a 90.7% share of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2025.
– 3G was the most adopted mobile technology in 2020. However, 4G subscription will grow at the fastest rate to account for a 54.7% share of total mobile subscriptions by 2025.
– The top three MNOs – MTN, Airtel, and Glo – accounted for 93.3% of total mobile subscriptions in 2025.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Nigeria’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Nigeria’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband, and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Nigeria’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Nigeria.
GLOBACOM/ Glo Nigeria
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage