Japan Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 40
- Published: February 2021
- Report Code: GDTC0811MR
"Japan Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Japan today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Japan’s telecom and pay-TV services revenue will grow from $126.3billion in 2020 to $130.8 billion by 2025 at a CAGR of 0.7% over 2020-2025, supported by projected revenue growth in major revenue contributing mobile data services segment. Mobile data revenue will grow at the fastest CAGR of 5.7% over 2020-2025, driven by rising mobile data consumption, rising mobile data ARPU and growing adoption of higher priced 5G plans, on the back of improving 5G broadband coverage in the country. Fixed broadband service revenue in Japan will decline during the forecast period between 2020 and 2025, at a CAGR of 0.9%, owing to decline in DSL and cable subscriptions, and declining fixed broadband ARPU.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Japan.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom and pay-TV services market revenue in Japan will grow at a CAGR of 0.7% during 2020-2025.
– Mobile revenue will account for 63.2% of total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in 2025.
– NTT Docomo led Japan’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2020, followed by KDDI and SoftBank Japan. The market saw a fourth mobile operator Rakuten Mobile launch services in April 2020. All the operators in the country are focusing on 5G expansion to compete in the mobile services segment.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Japan’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Japan’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Japan’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Japan.
Internet Inititaive Japan (IIJ)
Table of Contents
Table of contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay
TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
TV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage