Kenya Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 34
- Published: November 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0788MR
"Kenya Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Kenya today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, and mobile segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Kenya is expected to reach $4.7 billion by 2025, with growth in mobile broadband, fixed voice and fixed broadband segment. Mobile data revenues will grow to reach $2.8 billion by 2025, driven by increasing data ARPS, growth in smartphone subscription and growing consumption of mobile data services. Fixed broadband revenue will increase at a CAGR of 6.5% supported by increasing broadband penetration, on the back of the government’s plan to expand broadband network coverage.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Kenya.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to government initiatives, national fiber project, and more.
– Telecom services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, and mobile data markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Overall telecom service revenue in Kenya will grow at a CAGR of 6.3% during 2020-2025.
– Mobile revenue will account for 89.1% of total telecom revenue by 2025, driven by increasing data ARPS, growth in smartphone subscription and growing consumption of mobile data services
– 4G subscriptions will grow at a fastest CAGR of 29.5% to account for an estimated 53.6% share of the total mobile subscriptions by 2025, driven by the ongoing 4G coverage expansion by Safaricom.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Kenya’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Kenya’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Kenya’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Kenya.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage