United Arab Emirates (UAE) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 39
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0781MR
"United Arab Emirates (UAE) Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report" is a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in United Arab Emirates today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Total telecom and pay-TV services revenues in the UAE will reach US$9.6 billion by 2025 driven by growth in mobile voice, mobile broadband, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments. Mobile data revenues will grow at a robust CAGR of 10.4% over 2020-2025. The growth will be supported by increasing data ARPS, growth in mobile Internet subscriptions and growing consumption of mobile data services. Fixed broadband revenues will increase at a CAGR of 5.1%, supported by increasing broadband penetration.
The Country Intelligence Report provides an in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in United Arab Emirates.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– The overall telecom and pay-TV service revenue in the United Arab Emirates will grow at a CAGR of 5.0% over 2020-2025.
– Mobile revenue will account for 66.8% of the total telecom and pay-TV service revenue in 2025, driven by increasing data ARPS, growth in mobile Internet subscriptions and growing consumption of mobile data services.
– 4G will represent the majority 71.7% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
– Etisalat leads the UAE’s mobile market in terms of mobile subscriptions for 2020, followed by du. Both the operators are focusing on 5G service development.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of United Arab Emirates’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in United Arab Emirates’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in United Arab Emirates’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in United Arab Emirates.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
Pay-TV service market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage