Colombia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report
- Pages: 40
- Published: September 2020
- Report Code: GDTC0776MR
"Colombia Telecom Operators Country Intelligence Report," a new Country Intelligence Report by GlobalData, provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Colombia today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2025. Published annually, the report provides detailed analysis of the near-term opportunities, competitive dynamics, and evolution of demand by service type and technology/platform across the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile, and pay-TV segments, as well as a review of key regulatory trends.
Colombia’s telecom and pay-TV service revenues will decline from $7.4 billion in 2019 to $7.2 billion by 2020-end, as operators offer free internet services to support the citizens during the COVID-19 crisis. However, we expect that the total telecom service revenue will increase to $7.4 billion by 2025, mainly driven by steady growth in the mobile data, fixed broadband, and pay-TV segments.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following –
– Demographic and macroeconomic context in Colombia.
– The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, tariff regulation, and more.
– Telecom and pay-TV services market outlook: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data, and pay-TV markets.
– The competitive landscape: an examination of the positioning of leading players in the telecom and pay-TV services market as well as subscription market shares across segments.
– Company snapshots: analysis of the financial position of leading service providers in the telecommunications and pay-TV markets.
– Underlying assumptions behind our published base-case forecasts, as well as potential market developments that would alter, either positively or negatively, our base-case outlook.
– Total telecom and pay-TV services revenue in Colombia will increase from $7.2 billion in 2020 to $7.4 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 0.6%, over 2020-2025.
– Mobile data revenues will increase at a CAGR of 4.4%, driven by increasing data ARPS, growth in mobile Internet subscriptions and growing consumption of mobile data services.
– The two largest mobile operators – Claro and Movistar – will jointly hold 73.1% share of the total mobile subscriptions at 2020-end.
– 4G will hold a majority 51.6% share of the total mobile subscriptions in 2020.
Reasons to buy
– This Country Intelligence Report offers a thorough, forward-looking analysis of Colombia’s telecommunications markets, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format to help executives build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
– Accompanying GlobalData’s Forecast products, the report examines the assumptions and drivers behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Colombia’s mobile communications, fixed telephony, broadband and pay-TV markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares.
– With more than 20 charts and tables, the report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality.
– The report provides an easily digestible market assessment for decision-makers built around in-depth information gathered from local market players, which enables executives to quickly get up to speed with the current and emerging trends in Colombia’s telecommunications markets.
– The broad perspective of the report coupled with comprehensive, actionable detail will help operators, equipment vendors, and other telecom industry players succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Colombia.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents
Demographic, macroeconomic, and regulatory context
Demographic and macroeconomic context
Telecom and pay
TV services market outlook
Total telecom service revenue
Mobile services market
Fixed services market
PayTV services market
Competitive landscape and company snapshots
Baseline forecast assumptions
Country Intelligence Report coverage